GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA
Death Relief - Relief in case of death of pensioners in receipt of service pension – Raised to a minimum of Rs.20,000/- Orders – Issued.
FINANCE (HRM-V) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.504 Finance & Planning (FW: Pen.I) Department, dt.10.12.1976.
2. G.O.Ms.No.281 Finance & Planning (FW: Pen.I) dated 05.11.1982.
3. G.O.Ms.No.298 Finance & Planning (FW: Pen.I) Dept., dt.20.09.1989.
4. G.O.Ms.No.88 Finance & Planning (FW: Pen. I) Dept., dt.25.05.1998.
5. G.O.Ms.No.250 Finance (Pen. I) Dept., dt.04.10.2005.
6. G.O.Ms.No.102 Finance (Pen. I) Dept., dt. 06.04.2010.
7. G.O.Ms.No.238 Finance (Pen.I) Department dated 16.8.2008
8. G.O.Ms.No.136 Finance (Pen.I) Department dated 29.06.2011.
9 G.O.Ms.No.95, G.A. (Spl.A)Department,dated: 28.2.2013.
10 G.O.Ms.No.25 Finance (HRM.IV) Dept., dated:18.03.2015.
Orders were issued in the G.O 1st read above to the effect that in the event of the death of a retired Government employee who is in receipt of service pension, a lump sum amount equal to one month’s
pension, subject to a minimum of Rs.150/- shall be payable to the nominee nominated by the Pensioner in accordance with the instructions laid down therein. Subsequently, the minimum amount was raised to Rs.500/-, Rs.1000/-, Rs.2000/-, Rs.5000/- and Rs.10,000/- in the references 2nd to 6th respectively read above.
2. In the reference 7th read above, orders have been issued extending the above relief to all the categories of Non-Government Service Pensioners whose service Pension is being charged to 2071 –
Pension & Other Retirement Benefits.
3. In the reference 8th read above based on the recommendations of the Group of Ministers, Government, extended the Death Relief to the Family Pensioner i.e., in case of demise of Family Pensioner, the amount shall be paid to the legal heirs of the family pensioner.
4. In the Government Order 9 th read above, orders were issued constituting Tenth Pay Revision Commission and Government appointed Sri Pradeep Kumar Agarwal, IAS (Retd) as Pay Revision Commissioner laying down the terms of reference of the Commission. The Pay Revision Commission submitted its report to the Government on 29.04.2014 and recommended, inter alia, to enhance the minimum relief from Rs.10,000/- (Rupees Ten Thousand only) to Rs.20,000/-
(Twenty Thousand Only).
5. After careful consideration of the report, Government decided to accept the above recommendation and hereby order that the existing minimum amount of Rs.10,000/- (Rupees Ten Thousand only) referred to in the G.O. 6th read above shall be raised to Rs.20,000/- (Rupees Twenty thousand only).
6 . The Pension Disbursing Officers concerned shall arrange payment of the amount to the nominee or where the nominee predeceased, to the alternative nominee, as far as possible, on the same day of the death of the Service Pensioner or on the next working day immediately following the day of the death of the Pensioner.
7. All other conditions and instructions issued in the references read above shall however continue to be in force. These orders shall apply to the cases of deaths occurred on or after the date of issue of these orders.
8. The G.O is available on Internet and can be accessed at the address http://goir.telangana.gov.in and http://finance.telangana.gov.in.
[BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF TELANGANA]
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
Source: Original Order click here