Payment of Constant Attendance Allowance (CAA) on monthly basis with Disability Pension/ War Injury Pension to Armed Forces Personnel
OFFICE OF THE PR. CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD- 211014
Circular No. 543
1. The Chief Accountant, RBI, Deptt. Of Govt. Bank Accounts, Central office C-7,
Second Floor, Bandre- Kuria Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandre East Mumbai- 400051
2. All CMDs, Public Sector Banks including IDBI Bank
3. Nodal Officers, ICICl/ HDFC/ AXIS/ IDBI Banks
4. Managers, All CPPCs
5. Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy, Kathmandu, Nepal
6. The PCDA (WC), Chandigarh
7. The CDA (PD), Meerut
8. The CDA, Chennai
9. The Director of Treasuries, All States.
10. The Pay and Accounts Officer, Delhi Administration, RK puram and Tis Hazari, New Delhi
11. The Pay and Accounts Office, Govt of Maharashtra, Mumbai
12. The Post Master Kathua (J&K)
13. The Pr. Pay and Accounts Officer, Andaman and Nicobar Administration, Port Blair
Subject: Payment of Constant Attendance Allowance (CAA) on monthly basis with Disability Pension/ War Injury Pension to Armed Forces Personnel.
A copy of the Government of India, Ministry of Defence letter No. 1(2)/2013-D(Pen/ Pol) dated 27th April' 2015 is enclosed herewith for information and necessary action which is self explanatory.
2. In terms of Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence letter dated 27th April' 2015, Constant Attendance Allowance (CAA) shall be paid on monthly basis during the period of award along with disability/ war injury pension to Armed Forces Pensioner as the case may be.
3. Concerned Armed Forces Pensioners shall submit a declaration on the format enclosed as Annexure with said Govt. letter to their Pension Disbursing Agency (PDA) at the time of initial payment of CAA and thereafter on annual basis at the time of his/ her annual identification.
4. During initial declaration, pensioner shall stat in item III of the Annexure that he/ she will employ an attendant for the upcoming one year or up to the date for which CAA has been sanctioned, whichever is earlier. During subsequent annual declaration, pensioner would also complete item II of the Annexure providing a declaration for the period from the date of last declaration.
5. Payment made against declaration under item III of Annexure shall be treated as provisional and would be final on submission of subsequent declaration under item II.
6. In case a pensioner drawing CAA becomes inpatient in any Government Hospital/ Institution or is gainfully employed, he shall immediately report the matter to the PDA. Since CAA is being paid on the basis of annual declaration, any overpayment on account of CAA noticed with reference to the declaration quoted above, shall be adjusted from monthly pension due to the pensioner.
7. All Other terms and conditions for grant and payment of Constant Attendance Allowance (CAA) which are not affected by this order, shall remain unchanged.
8. This may please be given wide publicity.
9. This circular has been uploaded on PCDA (P) website www.pcdapensionn.nic.in for dissemination across the Defence pensioners and PDAs.
Dy. Controller (Pensions)