Pension - contributory Pension Scheme - allotment of Contributory Pension Scheme Numbers to existing employees/newly jointed employees - Further instructions - Regarding
Government Of Tamil Nadu
finance (PGC) Department
Secretariat, Chennai - 600 009.
Letter No.63734/FS/T/PGC/2013,dated : 24.03.2015
Sub: Pension - contributory Pension Scheme - allotment of Contributory Pension Scheme Numbers to existing employees/newly jointed employees - Further instructions - Regarding.
I am to Invite your attention to the references cited.
2. In the Government Order First cited, Government have introduced the Contributory Pension Scheme to Tamil Nadu State Government Employees with effect from 1.4.2003.
3. In the references Third, Fifth and Seventh cited, necessary instructions were issued extending the time limit for admitting the pay bills of the existing employees and the newly joined employees covered under Contributory Pension Scheme without Contributory Pension Scheme Index Number and in the reference eight cited, the period was last extended upto Februrary 2015.
4. In the reference ninth cited, Director of Treasuries and Acconts has furnished the present position of allotment of contributory Pension Scheme Index Numbers and Mission Credit details and has stated that some applications are being processed.
5. The Government has therefore, decided tha the period of acceptance of the pay bills of the employees/teachers for whom contributory pension scheme numbers have not been assigned be extended for a further period of 3 months i.e.upto May 2015, to complete the entire process of assigning contributory pension scheme Numbers. (Excluding those employees who have already filed writ petitions seeking to continue them in the Old Pension Scheme)
6. All the Heads of Departments/Heads of Offices/Drawing and Disbursing Officers shall follow the other guidelines already issued in the reference 8th cited scrupulously and see that all the new recruits are assigned the contributory pension scheme index numbers immediately on their joining. Failure to adhere to the above instructions will be viewed seriously.
7.The Director of Treasuries and Accounts and Commissioner of government Data Centre shall furnish a fornightly progress report to Government in this regard without fail.
For Principal Secretary to government.