Kelkar Committee had recommended that "Ordnance Factories should be corporatized
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Dated: 13th march,2015
Kelkar Committee had recommended that "Ordnance Factories should be corporatized into a single corporation under leadership of a competitive management.
This Corporation shouldnt BE Accorded the Status of Navratna ". The following steps have been taken by the Government on Research and Development Initiative for innovation and import substitution in Last One year:
• To Avoid the DELAY in Processing of R & D Projects at Ordnance Factory Board Headquarters (OFBHQ), FINANCIAL Delegated powers to all levels have been.
• Factories have been Expenditure on R & D activities given to the Target to Increase of 3% by the year 2018-19 in their Turnover A phased manner.
• Factories ARE being encouraged to associate Reputed Academic Institutes for Research Assistance with themselves.
• Identified for Core technologies have been put to in 12 Ordnance Factories Technology Denial More focused efforts regime to cope up with.
• Working on Joint Defence Research Development Organization with some of the Large Projects (DRDO) RENDER Manufacturing Assistance to and from the Inception stage, wherever DRDO is being encouraged by Required.
This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Shri Rao Inderjit Singh in A Written reply to Lok Sabha today in Gaurav Gogoi and Others. DM / NAMPI / HH / RAJ (Release ID: the 116974th)