Implementation of Government decision on the recommendations of the committee on the issue related to Defence Service Personnel and Ex-Servicemen, 2012- Minimum guaranteed pension to pre-2006 Commissioned Officers pensioners/ family pensioners.
OFFICE OF THE PR. CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD- 211014
Dated: 05.02 2015.
1. The Chief Accountant, RBI, Deptt. Of Govt, Bank Accounts, Central office C-7, Second Floor, Bandre- Kuria Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandre East Mumbai- 400051
2. All CMDs, Public Sector Banks including IDBI Bank
3. The Nodal Officers, ICICl/HDFC/AXIS/IDBI Banks
4. All Managers, CPPCs
5. Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy, Kathmandu, Nepal
6. The PCDA (WC), Chandigarh
7. The CDA (PD), Meerut
8. The CDA Chennai
9. The Director of Treasury, All States
10. The Pay and Accounts Officer, Delhi Administration, R K Puram and Tis Hazari, New Delhi.
11. The Pay and Accounts Office, Govt of Maharashtra, Mumbai
12. The Post Master Kathua (J&K), Camp Bell Bay.
13. The Principal Pay and Accounts Officer Andaman and Nicobar Administration Port Blair.
Subject: Implementation of Government decision on the recommendations of the committee on the issue related to Defence Service Personnel and Ex-Servicemen, 2012- Minimum guaranteed pension to pre-2006 Commissioned Officers pensioners/ family pensioners.
Reference: This Office Circular No. 500 dated 17th January 2013
A copy of corrigendum of Government of India, Ministry of Defence letter No.1 (11)/2012/D (Pen/Policy) dated 25th November 2014 on the above subject is forwarded herewith for information and necessary action, which is self explanatory.
2. The rates of minimum guaranteed pension and Ordinary Family Pension in respect of Pre-2006 Commissioned Officers pensioners/ family pensioners have already been circulated vide this office circular No. 500 dated 17/01/2013. However, the provision for Enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension could not be reflected in Para 3 of the MoD letter No.1 (11)/2012/D (Pen/Policy) dated 17th Jan 2013. The Government of India, Ministry of Defence has extended the Minimum Guaranteed Enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension in r/o pre- 2006 commissioned officers of Army, Navy and Air force, DSC and TA pensioners vide corrigendum No. 1 (11)/2012/D (Pen/Policy) dated 25 Nov 2014 and following Para has been inserted below the Para 3 of Gol, MoD letter No. 1 (11)/2012/D (Pen/Policy) dated 17th Jan 2013.
“Similarly, the minimum guaranteed enhanced rate of ordinary family pension in respect of pre -2006 Commissioned Officers/Army, Navy, Air Force, DSC & TA family pensioners shall not be less than 50% of the minimum of the fitment table for the rank in the revised pay band as indicated under fitment tables plus grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised scale from which the pensioner had retired/discharged/invalided out/died including Military Service Pay. In case, where full revised pension is otherwise not authorized to a retired employee in terms of 6th CPC orders, the revised enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension shall be restricted to that amount. “
In view of the above, all Pension Disbursing Agencies are hereby authorized to review all such case and step up the Enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension of the affected Pre-2006 pensioners with effect from 24.09.2012, as per these orders.
3. All other subsidiary payment instructions will remain same as already circulated vide this office circulars quoted under reference. All nodal agencies are requested to circulate this circular to all concerned under their jurisdiction. It is also requested that all PDAs may download the same from this office website for immediate implementation of the government orders to revise the enhanced rate of Ordinary Family Pension in affected cases wef 24/09/2012.
Please acknowledge receipt.