BONUS - Adhoc Bonus - Special Adhoc Bonus for the year 2013-2014
GOVERNMENT OF TAMIL NADU
FINANCE (ALLOWANCES) DEPARTMENT
G.O.No.9, DATED 8th January, 2015
(Jaya, Margazhi 24, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2045)
BONUS - Adhoc Bonus - Special Adhoc Bonus for the year 2013-2014 - Sanction - Orders - Issued.
Read the following :-
1. G.O.Ms.No.4, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated 06.01.2014.
2. Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, New Delhi, Office memorandum No.7 / 24 / 2007 / E-III / (A) / dated 16.09.2014.
Government has decided to grant Adhoc Bonus equivalent to 30 days emoluments on a base of 30 days a month to all regular and temporary Government employees, employees of Local Bodies and Aided Educational Institutions including teachers on regular time scales of pay for the financial year 2013-2014.
2. Employees in Groups ‘C’ and ‘D’ were paid Adhoc Bonus equivalent to 30 days emoluments subject to a ceiling of Rs.3,000/- during the year 2012-2013. Accordingly, Government direct that all regular and temporary Government employees who are on regular time scales of pay, employees of Local Bodies and Aided Educational Institutions including teachers on regular time scales of pay in ‘C’ and ‘D’ group be paid adhoc bonus equivalent to 30 days emoluments on a base of 30 days a month for the financial year 2013-2014. The Adhoc Bonus shall be computed on the basis of actual emoluments as on 31st March 2014. The amount of adhoc bonus shall be calculated as if monthly emoluments were Rs.3,000/- per month. In respect of those drawing pay in the pre-revised / revised scales of pay, the calculation of adhoc bonus shall be based on the emoluments drawn subject to the upper ceiling of Rs.3,000/- (Rupees Three thousand only) per month. The upper ceiling limit shall be applicable irrespective of whether the emoluments are drawn in the pre-revised or revised scales of pay.
3. Employees in Groups ‘A’ & ‘B’ including those coming under University Grants Commission / All India Council for Technical Education / Indian Council of Agricultural Research scales of pay and All India Service Regulations are not covered by the bonus scheme and are not entitled to get any adhoc bonus amount. Government has decided to grant Special Adhoc Bonus to these employees and direct that employees in groups ‘A’ & ‘B’ including those on University Grants Commission / All India Council for Technical Education / Indian Council of Agricultural Research scales of pay and All India Service Regulations be paid Special Adhoc Bonus of Rs.1,000/- (Rupees One thousand only).
4. The Special Adhoc Bonus of Rs.1,000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) shall also be admissible to full-time and part-time employees paid from contingencies at fixed monthly rates, employees on consolidated pay/special time scale of pay including employees in Nutritious Meal Programme/ Integrated Child Nutrition Project (Anganwadi Workers), Mini Anganwadi Workers, Village Assistants, Panchayat Assistants / Clerks on special time scales of pay in Village Panchayats under Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department, Contract employees, Temporary Assistants on contract basis, the employees on daily wages and the employees partly worked on daily wages and subsequently brought under regular establishment and worked continuously for atleast 240 days or more during the year 2013-2014.
5. Deputationists from the State Government working in Corporations / Boards / Joint Sector companies who are not in receipt of bonus / exgratia payment from the undertakings concerned are eligible for the benefit of Adhoc Bonus / Special Adhoc Bonus.
6. The Adhoc Bonus/Special Adhoc Bonus sanctioned in paras 2 to 5 above shall be admissible subject to the conditions prescribed in the annexure to this order.
7. The expenditure on Adhoc Bonus/Special Adhoc Bonus shall be debited to the sub-detailed head "04 Other Allowances” under the detailed head "01. Salaries” or the detailed head "02. Wages” as the case may be, under the relevant service head of the department concerned.
8. The expenditure on Special Adhoc Bonus in respect of temporary Assistants appointed on contract basis in the year 2003 shall be debited to the Detailed / Sub-Detailed head "33 - Payments for Professional and Special Services” "04 - Contract Payment” under the relevant service head of the department concerned.
9. Necessary provisions have been made under the relevant heads of account in Budget Estimates 2014-2015. However, if additional provisions are required, it will be made under the relevant heads of account in RE/FMA 2014-2015 and the required funds may be drawn pending such provision.
10. This order issues with the Additional Sanction Ledger No.2117 (Two thousand one hundred and seventeen).
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
i) Emoluments for purposes of Adhoc Bonus under these orders shall be worked out on the basis of basic pay, special pay, grade pay and dearness allowance as on 31st March, 2014 and in the case of employees remaining on the pre-revised scales of pay the emoluments shall be worked out on the basis of basic pay, dearness pay, personal pay, special pay and dearness allowance as on 31st March, 2014. House Rent Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance and other Compensatory Allowances shall not be included. The classification of Government servants as groups A, B, C & D shall be as ordered in G.O.Ms.No.111, Personnel & Administrative Reforms (S) Department, Dated: 09.08.2010.
ii) Employees who were in service on 31st March 2014 and have rendered a full year of service from 1st April 2013 to 31st March 2014 shall be eligible for the full amount of Adhoc Bonus sanctioned in this Order at the rate of 30/30 days of emoluments.
iii) Employees who have rendered service of six months and above, but less than a year during 2013-2014 shall be eligible for proportionate amount of Adhoc Bonus. For the purpose of this rule, period less than 15 days shall be ignored and fifteen days and above shall be treated as a full month of service.
iv) The Adhoc Bonus shall be rounded to the nearest rupee, i.e., fraction of 50 paise and above shall be rounded to the next higher rupee and fraction below 50 paise ignored.
v) The period of service for the purpose of computing Adhoc Bonus shall include all leave other than the extraordinary Leave without Allowances. In the case of employees who were on extraordinary leave without allowances / Half Pay / Study Leave without pay during the month of March 2014, the Adhoc Bonus shall be determined based on the emoluments last drawn before proceeding on leave.
vi) In the case of employees under suspension at any time, during 2013-2014 Subsistence allowances paid during suspension shall not be treated as emoluments. Such an employee may be paid Adhoc Bonus / Special Adhoc Bonus as and when the period of suspension is treated as duty. In other cases, the period of suspension shall be excluded for the purpose of Adhoc Bonus/Special Adhoc bonus. In the case of suspension, if any, after 31st March 2014 there shall be no bar for the payment of Adhoc Bonus / Special Adhoc Bonus.
vii) Employees who retired on superannuation / Voluntary retirement / died in harness / invalidated from service, etc., prior to 31st March 2014 are eligible for Adhoc Bonus / Special Adhoc Bonus on the basis of actual service, subject to proviso (iii) above.
viii) Superannuated employees who were re-employed are eligible for Adhoc Bonus / Special Adhoc Bonus provided the period of service prior to and after re-employment taken together is not less than six months, subject to provisos (ii) and (iii) above. In such cases, the eligibility period has to be worked out separately for the period prior to and after re-employment. The total amount admissible, for the period prior to superannuation and for the period after re-employment shall be restricted to the maximum admissible Adhoc Bonus / Special Adhoc Bonus.
ix) Employees who have rendered service of six months and above in Group ‘C’ are eligible for proportionate Adhoc Bonus only. If an employee rendered less than six months of service in Group ‘C’ and more than six months in Group ‘B’, he may be allowed full Special Adhoc Bonus taking into account the entire service in that year.