Pension - Contributory Pension Scheme - Allotment of Contributory Pension Scheme Numbers to existing employees/newly joined employees - Further instructions
Government of Tamil Nadu
Finance (PGC) Department,
Secretariat, Chennai-600 009.
dated : 05.12.2014
Sub: Pension - Contributory Pension Scheme - Allotment of Contributory Pension Scheme Numbers to existing employees/newly joined employees - Further instructions - Regarding.
1. G.O.(Ms)No.259, Finance (Pension) Department, dated 06.8.2003.
2. From the Director of Treasuries and Accounts, Letter No.4519/2013/E3, dated 21.4.2014
3. Government Letter No.63734/FS/T/PGC/2013, dated 2.5.14
4. Representation from the Tamil Nadu Government Officials’ Union dated 21/5/2014.
5. Government Letter No.63734/FS/T/PGC/2013, dated 23.05.14
6. Representation from Tamil Nadu Government Officials’ Union dated 9.9.14.
7. Government Letter No.63734/FS/T/PGC/2013, dated 11.09.14
I am to invite your attention to the references cited.
2. In the Government Order first cited, Government have introduced the Contributory Pension Scheme to Tamil Nadu State Government Employees with effect from 1.4.2003.
3. In the reference third cited, necessary instructions were issued to the effect that the pay bills of the existing employees and the newly joined employees covered under Contributory Pension Scheme shall be admitted for the month of May 2014 only without Contributory Pension Scheme number and after this period the pay of such employees should be claimed on assignment of Contributory Pension Scheme numbers only and the Drawing and Disbursing officers were requested to follow the above instructions scrupulously. In the reference fifth cited the above period was extended upto August 2014.
4. In the reference seventh cited, further instructions were issued to the effect that the pay bills of the existing employees and the newly joined employees covered under Contributory Pension Scheme be accepted upto November 2014 only without Contributory Pension Scheme Index Number.
5. The above issue has been examined by Government in the light of the existing orders in force and in consultation with Director of Treasuries and Accounts/Government Data Centre. Accordingly, Government issue the following guidelines for adherence:-
i. Employees recruited on or after 1.4.2003 should mandatorily be assigned the Contributory Pension Scheme Index Numbers, the application form for which is available on line in Government Data Centre website.
ii. The Heads of offices/Head of Departments/Drawing Officers shall be responsible for obtaining the Contributory Pension Scheme Index Numbers as in the case of GPF Numbers immediately. The Pay and Accounts Officers/Treasury officers shall ensure that the Drawing and Disbursing officers have applied for Contributory Pension Scheme Index Numbers in respect of those appointed on or after 1.4.2003 before posting the pay bills and required datas, sent to Government through Director of Treasuries and Accounts.
iii. An employee appointed on or after 1.4.2003 who have not so far enrolled in the Contributory Pension Scheme shall fill up the prescribed form as available ‘on line’ for Contributory Pension Scheme and furnish the same to the Head of Offices/Head of Departments/Drawing and Disbursing officers who in turn should forward the same to the Government Data Centre for assigning Contributory Pension Scheme Index Number.
iv. The Drawing Officers concerned should ensure that the new recruits have applied for the Contributory Pension Scheme Index Numbers and indicate the status of such employees in the pay bills presented to Treasuries/Sub- Treasuries/Pay and Accounts Officers. The Treasury officers/Pay and Accounts Officers/Sub-Treasury officers shall furnish the number of employees obtained Contributory Pension Scheme numbers so far, number of employees applied for Contributory Pension Scheme and awaiting Contributory Pension Scheme Index Numbers and number of employees not applied so far and action taken as on date for the months of December 2014, January and February 2015 with department-wise details to Director of Treasuries and Accounts who shall furnish a consolidated statement to Government in the first week of every month.
v. The Government Data Centre on receipt of application forms from the concerned departments shall assign the Contributory Pension Scheme Index Numbers and the same should be intimated to the department concerned immediately and there should not be any delay on this part.
vi. No inconvenience should be caused to the employees/teachers in drawing their salary due to non-assignment of the Contributory Pension Scheme Number by the Government Data Centre.
vii. The period of non-acceptance of the pay bills of the employees/teachers for whom Contributory Pension Scheme Number have not been assigned shall be extended for a further period of 3 months i.e. upto February 2015. to complete the entire process of assigning Contributory Pension Scheme Numbers. (Excluding those employees who have already filed WPs seeking to continue them in the old pension scheme)
6. All the Heads of Departments/Heads of Offices/Drawing and Disbursing Officers are requested to follow the above guidelines scrupulously and see that all the new recruits are assigned the Contributory Pension Scheme Index Numbers immediately.
7. The Director of Treasuries and Accounts/Government Data Centre are requested to furnish a fortnightly report on the work progress in this regard.
for Principal Secretary to Government.