Registrar of Co-operative Society - Tmt.V.Nandakumari,Additional Registrar - Stagnation increment - Additional sanction of Increment - Requested
Finance (CMPC) Department,
Fort St. George,
Chennai - 600 009.
Letter No.39333/ CMPC / 2014-1. dated: 20—11—2014.
Thiru T. UDHAYACHANDRAN, I.A.S.,
Secretary to Government (Expenditure).
The Director of Treasuries and Accounts,
Sub: Registrar of Co-operative Society - Tmt.V.Nandakumari,Additional Registrar - Stagnation increment - Additional sanction of Increment - Requested - Regarding.
Ref: 1) G.O.Ms.No.234, Finance (Pay Cell) Department, dated:01—06—2009.
2) G.O.Ms.No.237, Finance (Pay Cell) Department, dated:22—07—2013.
3) The Pay and Accounts Officer (East), Letter No. BAS-I/Genl/U-II/471 /2013,
4) The Pay and Accounts Officer (Secretariat), Letter No.BAS-IA/Unit-ll/1210/2013,
5) From the Pay and Accounts Officer (South), Letter No.PAO(S)/BAS
l/UI/327/2014, dated: 11—07—2014.
I am to invite your attention to the references cited and to state that the Pay and Accounts Officer (East) and Pay and Accounts Officer (Secretariat) have sanctioned additional increment of 3% of basic pay to one Thiru V.Anbuselvan,Additional Director of Co-operative Audit for stagnating 10 years in the same post as against the spirit of the orders issued in G.O.Ms.No.237, Finance (PC) Department, dated:22—07—2013. The benefit of additional increment (over and above the existing one increment benefit) equivalent to 3% + 3% of basic pay ( Pay + Grade Pay) is confined only to the employees who are awarded Selection Grade / Special Grade in the revised scales of pay implemented with effect from 01—01—2006.
2) The Pay and Accounts Officer (South) in the reference fifth cited has now raised clarification as to whether Tmt.V.Nandakumari, Additional Registrar of Cooperative Societies who was sanctioned stagnation increment with effect from 26—05—2007 in the post of Joint Registrar for having completed 10 years in the same post under Ruling (16) of FR 26A is entitled for one additional increment benefit equivalent to 3% + 3% of basic pay ( Pay + Grade Pay ) as per the Government Order second cited.
3) In this connection, I am to clarify that as per the orders issued in para 5(i) of G.O.Ms.No.234, Finance (Pay Cell) Department, dated:01—06—2009, employees drawing Grade Pay of Rs.6,600/- and above on completion of 10 years of service in the same post are entitled only for one increment at the rate of three per cent of basic pay including Grade pay.
4) I am also to request you to issue necessary instructions in this regard to all the Pay and Accounts Officers / Treasury Officers concerned immediately for strict compliance and re-fixation of wrong fixation of pay made earlier.
for Secretary to Government (Expenditure)