MEDICAL AID - New Health Insruance Scheme, 2014 for Pensioners (including spouse) / Family Pensioners – Clarification – Issued
Finance (PGC) Department
Secretariat, Chennai – 600 009.
LETTER NOO. 37585/FIN (PENDION)/2014-1, DATED: 07-07-2014
Sub: MEDICAL AID - New Health Insruance Scheme, 2014 for Pensioners (including spouse) / Family Pensioners – Clarification – Issued.
Ref: G.O.Ms.No.171, Finance (Pension) Department, Dated 26-06-2014
I am to invite your attention to the references cited.
2. In the Government Order first cited, Government have introduced the Contributory Pension Scheme to Tamil Nadu State Government Employees with effect from 1.4.2003.
3. In the reference third cited, necessary instructions were issued to the effect that the pay bills of the existing employees and the newly joined employees covered under Contributory Pension Scheme shall be admitted for the month of May 2014 only without Contributory Pension Scheme number and after this period the pay of such employees should be claimed on assignment of Contributory Pension Scheme numbers only and the Drawing and Disbursing officers were requested to follow the above instructions scrupulously.
4. In the reference fifth cited further instructions were issued to the effect that the pay bills of the existing employees and the newly joined employees covered under Contributory Pension Scheme be accepted upto. August 2014 only without Contributory Pension Scheme Index Number.
5. Now representations have been made by the associations to issue detailed guidelines on the allotment of Contributory Pension Scheme and also not to impose any restrictions on the employees/teachers in drawing the salary from the next month as the responsibility of assigning Contributory Pension Scheme number vests with the Government only.
6. The above issue has been examined by Government in the light of the existing orders in force. Accordingly, Government issue the following guidelines for adherence:-
i. Employees recruited on or after 1.4.2003 should mandatorily be assigned the Contributory Pension Scheme Index Numbers.
ii. The Heads of offices/ Head of Departments /Drawing Officers shall be responsible for obtaining the Contributory Pension Scheme Index Numbers as in the case of GPF Numbers immediately.
iii. An employee appointed on or after 1.4.2003 who have not so far enrolled in the Contributory Pension Scheme shall fill up the prescribed form for Contributory Pension Scheme and furnish the same to the Head of Offices/Head of Departments who in turn should forward the same to the
Government Data Centre for assigning Contributory Pension Scheme Index Number.
iv. The Drawing Officers concerned should ensure that the new recruits have applied for the Contributory Pension Scheme Index Numbers and indicate the status of such employees in the pay bills presented to Treasuries/Sub-Treasuries/PAOs.
v. The Government Data Centre on receipt of application forms from the concerned departments shall assign the Contributory Pension Scheme Index Numbers and the same should be intimated to the department concerned immediately and there should not be any delay on this part.
vi. No inconvenience should be caused to the employees/teachers in drawing their salary due to non-assignment of the Contributory Pension Scheme Number by the Government Data Centre.
vii. The period of non-acceptance of the pay bills of the employees/teachers for whom Contributory Pension Scheme Number have not been assigned shall be extended for a further period of 3 months i.e. upto November 2014.
7. All the Heads of Departments/Heads of Offices/ Drawing and Disbursing Officers are requested to follow the above guidelines scrupulously and see that all the new recruits are assigned the Contributory Pension Scheme Index Numbers immediately.
For PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT.