PROCEEDINGS OF THE GOVERNMENT OF KARNATAKA
Sub:- Revision of the rates of Dearness Allowance-reg.
Read: (1) G.O.No.FD 23 SRP 2011, dated: 15.06.2011
(2) G.O. No.FD 07 SRP 2012, dated:21.04.2012
(3) G.O.No.FD 17 SRP 2012, dated:14.05.2012
(4) G.O.No.FD 25 SRP 2012, dated:17.10.2012
(5) G.O.No.FD 09 SRP 2013, dated: 08.05.2013
(6) G.O.No.FD 21 SRP 2013, dated: 03.10.2013
(7) G.O.No.FD 5 SRP 2014, dated: 08.04.2014
(8) Representation dated: 20.09.2014 of the President, Karnataka State
Government Employees’ Association
(9) Representation of the President, Karnataka State Government Pensioners’
GOVERNMENT ORDER NO.FD 17 SRP 2014
BANGALORE, DATED 26TH SEPTEMBER 2014
Government are pleased to sanction increase in the rates of Dearness Allowance
payable to the State Government employees in the Revised Pay Scales 2012 from t6e existing 21% to 25.25% of Basic pay with effect from 1st July 2014.
2. These orders will apply to the full time Government employees. employees of Zilla
Panchayats. work charged employees on regular time scales of pay, full time employees of aided educational Institutions and Universities who are on regular time scales of pay.
3 For the purpose of grant of Dearness Allowance, the term 'Basic Pay' means, pay
drawn by a Government Employee in the scale of pay applicable to the post held by him and includes:
a. Stagnation increment, if any, granted to him above the maximum of the
scale of pay.
b. Personal Pay if, any, granted to him under sub-rule (3) of Rule 7 of the
Karnataka Civil Services (Revised pay) Rules. 2012.
c. Additional increment, if any. granted to him above the maximum of the
scale of- pay.
4. Basic Pay shall not include any emoluments other than those specified above.
5. Government are also pleased to sanction increase in the rates of Dearness Allowance
from the existing 21% to 25.25% of the basic pension/family pension with effect from
1st July 2014 to the State Government pensioners/family pensioners and pensioners/family pensioners of the aided educational institutions whose pension/family pension is paid out of the Consolidated Fund of the State.
6. Government are also pleased to sanction increase in the rates of Dearness Allowance
from the existing 21% to 25.25% of the basic pension/family pension with effect from 1st July 2014 to the pensioners/family pensioners who were drawing pay in the
UGC/AICTE/ICAR scales of pay.
7. Separate orders will be issued in respect of employees on UGC/AICTE/ICAR/NJPC scales of pay and also in respect of NJPC pensioners.
8. The increase in Dearness Allowance admissible under this order is payable in cash.
9. The payment on account of Dearness Allowance involving fractions of 50 paisa and above shall be rounded off to the next rupee and fractions less than 50 paisa shall be ignored.
10. The Dearness Allowance will be shown as a distinct element of remuneration and will not be treated as pay for any purpose.
BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE
GOVERNOR OF KARNATAKA
(SUNDARA RAJA GUPTHA)
Joint Secretary to Government
Finance Department (Services-2)