Revision of pay Scales and allowance w.e.f. 01.01.2007 as per DPE OM dated 02.04.2009 – Merger of 78.8% IDA for BSNL Employees/Pensioners
BSNL& DOT PENSIONERS ASSOCIATION [INDIA]
CENTRAL EHADQUARTER, AHMEDABAD.
Dated 9th July, 2014
Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad,
Hon’ble Minister for Communications & IT,
Govt. of India,
107, 1st Floor, Sanchar Bhawan,
Rafi Marg, New Delhi – 110 003
Sub: Revision of pay Scales and allowance w.e.f. 01.01.2007 as per DPE OM dated 02.04.2009 – Merger of 78.8% IDA for BSNL Employees/Pensioners.
1. We write to invite your kind attention to our letter dated 5th June, 2014 on the captioned subject and regret o write that change of guard at national level has not make impact on the mindset of the officers working in the Ministries and they continue to follow delay tactics and complicate the issue by deploying their decision making authority indulging into diverting the attention from main issue.The MOE had sought for certain clarification long back from DoT on the captioned issue, which ought to have been replied spontaneously. Alas ! The issue was kept shunting from officers to officers within DoT for weeks to gather and when political pressure mounted on the Ministry; they preferred to shirk from responsibility of taking decision.
2. “In terms of DPE vide OM dated 2.4.2009, allowing benefit of merger of 50% DA with Basic Pay w.e.f.01.01.007, effectively amounting to 78.2% IDA, for the purpose of fitment, a proposal with the approval of BSNL Board, wherein, it was proposed to extend the said benefit to the BSNL employees w.e.f. the date of approval of the competent authority and the payment of arrears to be considered after the Company operation become profitable, was sent to DoT vide BSNL letter dated 10.9.2012.”
3. Now, when the orders for merger of 78.2% IDA Merger for working employees have been issued conferring them pensionary benefits w.e.f. 10.06.2013, the issue is to decided for the pre.01.01.2007 and for those who retired during the period from 01.01.2007 to 09.06.2013.
4. The issue is kept burning since last one year by DPE & DoT and as a result from political sources, it appears the note has been sent to DOE to consider date of effect of 78.2% IDA Merger for those who retired during the period from 01.01.2007 to 09.06.2013 with NOTIONAL PAY FIXATION and benefit in pension from 10.06.2013 without Cabinet Approval. We feel this will deprive the pensioners from consequential pensionary benefits which are given to those who retired thereafter. Further it has also been said that for pre- 01010.2007, Cabinet Approval is required?
5. This contravene the assurances given to us in SCOVA Minutes reading “DOT informed that the decision to merge 68.8% IDA with pension was in line with the decision taken for revision of pay in respect of serving employees of BSNL. They informed that if at any stage the benefit of merger of 78.2% IDA with pay of serving employees is given, this benefit would also be extended to absorbee pensioners of BSNL. DOT informed that the matter is under examination in that Department”.
6. One simple fact is, on merger of 68,8%, the IDA was brought to ZERO from 01.01.2007, and DPE was issuing the orders taking 01.01.2007 as Zero index. So the pensioners were suffering monetarily during this period.
7. To us, unnecessary controversy has been created dividing the pensioners naming them Pre/Post pensioners. All are governed by the similar Pensionary provision and there is no scope for deviation from accepted norms.
8. Since issue of applicability of Pension revision for pre.01.01.2007 was already decided by the Cabinet on 20t January, 2012, this being rectification of earlier DoT error by extending the due benefit, we do not feel it necessary to drag the issue avoidably giving air to continue such conspiracy in future by hierarchy. Delay in decision will turn into exploiting the pensioners by the political parties for their own interest and goals.
9. We therefore solicit your kind favour to cause justice to the Pensioners, as no line of demarcation is permissible with pensioners. The orders for pre.01.01.2007 Pensioners can also be issued making the Presidential Orders dated 10.06.2013 applicable for pre-01.01.2007 retirees’ w.e.f. 01.01.2007 as well modifying the date of effect as 01.01.2007 instead of 10.06.2013
10. We would like to make it clear that if the request is considered, there will be no burden on Govt. of India, as the BSNL has already deposited required pension contribution on the maximum of scale to the DoT. In issuing the revised orders, the scale remains the same and only fixation is done, so whatever is to be paid, is to be paid from the Pension Contribution already collected by the Department of Telecommunication from BSNL.
Source: Original Order Click here