Government of West Bengal
Howrah the 16th July 2014
No. : 3712-FIP2)
Subject : Grant of Ad-hoc Bonus to the State Government Employees and some other categor1S of Employees for the year 2013-2014.
The undersigned is directed by order of the Governor to say that the Governor is pleased to decide that the State Government employees who are not covered by any of the productivity linked Bonus Scheme and whose revised emoluments did not exceedRs.22,000/-per month as on 31st March, 2014 will be en 'tied to ad-hoc bonus for the accounting year 2013-2014 at the rate of Rs.3,000/- per head . The upper eligibility ceiling of Rs.22,000/- p.m. as on 31st March, 2014 will be applicable irrespective of whether the emoluments are drawn in the pre-revised or revised scale of pay or on fixed/consolidated contract pay.
2. The benefit will be admissible subject to the following terms and conditions:-
i. Ad-hoc Bonus admissible under this order will be worked out on the basis of emoluments as admissible on 31.03.2014. For the employees drawing pay and allowances in terms of the West Bengal Services [Revision of Pay and Allowances] Rules, 2009 the term revised emolument in this order will mean and include pay in the pay band plus the grade pay in the revised pay structure and includes the non-practicing allowance, if any, Dearness Allowances, but will not include any other pay and other allowance such as house rent allowance, medical allowance, compensatory allowances, etc.
For those who are drawing pay and allowances in the un-revised scale, the term emoluments will mean and include basic pay, personal pay, special pay (additional remuneration), dearness pay, dearness allowance, deputation (duty) allowance, steno Allowance but will not include specialist pau and other allowances such as house rent allowance, medical allowance, compensatory allowance, etc. For those who are drawing remuneration on contract basis, the term revised emoluments will mean the consolidates contract pay drawn by them.
The employees whose revised emoluments on 31.03.20 4 exceeded Rs.22,OOO/-p.m. but during the year 2013-2014 their emoluments at least for six months were less than Rs.22,000/- p.m. i.e. the said emoluments exceeded the eligibility ceiling of Rs.22,00C/- p.m. on account of promotion, drawal of increment, implementation of C.A. Scheme, enhancement of dearness allowance e c. after remaining less than Rs.22,000/- p.m. for at least six months, will be entitled to ad-hoc bonus of Rs.3,000/- per head under this order.
iii, The employees who were in service on 31.03.2014 an rendered at least six months continuous service during the year 2013-2014 will be eligible for payment of ad-hoc bonus under this order.
Pro-rata payment will be admissible in such cases Ito the eligible employees for periods of' continuous service during the year ranging from six months to full year, the eligibility period being taken in terms of number of months of service (rounded of to the nearest number of months). A fraction of 15 da s or more should be counted as one month.
iv. The amount of ad-hoc bonus on pro-rata payment as admissible under 2(iii) above will have to be calculated according to the following for formula :
Emoluments as on X Eligibility period In number of months
31st March, 2014. 12
= The amount of ad-hoc bonus, subject to maximum amount of Rs.3,000 / - only. The casual workers who have put in work at least for 1 0 days and the employees on Consolidated pay in the year 2013-2014 will also be e titled to ad-hoc bonus under this order according to the following formula :- .
Total amount of salary/wages earned during the year 2 13-2014
= The amount of ad-hoc bonus, subject to maximum amount of Rs.3,000/ - only. The salary/wages in these cases should have the same meaning as 'revised emoluments' as defined in Para 2(i) above.
3. The disbursement of Ad-hoc Bonus sanctioned hereinabove should be made in case of Muslim State Government employees by 23rd July, 2014 and in case of other State Government employees (other than Muslim State Government employees) such disbursement should be made in between 15th September, 2014 to 22nd September, 2014.
In case of failure, the disbursement should be made as early as possible before the festival of Durge puja/Id-UI-Fitre.
4. The charge in respect of payment of ad-hoc bonus under this order will be debitable to the detailed head viz., "Ad-hoc Bonus" the opening of which was sanctioned under the 'Salary' head sub-ordinate to all Major, Minor and sub-head in the Revenue Expenditure section of the State Budget in terms of Para 9 of this Department's Order No. 4611-F, dated 22.04.1988 and necessary fund for this purpose have been provided under the above detailed heads in the budget grant available for 2014-2015.
5. The Governor is further pleased to direct that the benefit of ad-hoc bonus sanctioned under this order will also be available to the different categories of employees who had been allowed the same in the last year in accordance with Finance Department's Memo No. 6066-F(P) dated 30.07.2013 by issue of Government Orders by various Departments in this connection. As in the last year orders for grant of ad-hoc bonus in respect of the employees of Statutory Bodies/Local Bodies/State aided Non-Government Educational Institutions and such other categories of employees of various establishments, who were allowed ad-hoc bonus/ex-gratia at par with the Stat Government employees or at a rate not more than the rate as approved by the Government in the last year, should be issued by the Departments concerned without referring the file to Finance Department, Group P2
6. Clarifications issued in previous years in respect of various points raised in connection with admissibility and drawal of ad-hoc bonus would continue to apply.
O.S.D.&E.O.Joint Secretary to the
Government of West Bengal
Source: Original Order Click here