Pension – Contributory Pension Scheme – Allotment of CPS Numbers to existing employees/newly joined employees – Further instructions - Regarding
Finance (PGC) Department,
Secretariat, Chennai-600 009.
Letter No.63734/FS/T/PGC/2013, dated: 23.05.14
Sub: Pension – Contributory Pension Scheme – Allotment of CPS Numbers to existing
employees/newly joined employees – Further instructions - Regarding.
Ref: 1. G.O.Ms.No.259, Finance (Pension) Department, dated 06.8.2003.
2. From the Director of Treasuries and Accounts, Letter No.4519/2013/E3, dated 21.4.2014
3. Government Letter No.63734/FS/T/PGC/2013, dated 2.5.2014
4. Representation from the Tamil Nadu Government Officials’ Union dated 21/5/2014.
I am to invite your attention to the references cited.
2. In the Government Order cited, Government have introduced the Contributory Pension Scheme to Tamil Nadu State Government Employees with effect from 1.4.2003.
3. In the reference third cited, necessary instructions were issued to the effect that the pay bills of the existing employees and the newly joined employees covered under Contributory Pension Scheme shall be admitted for the month of May 2014 only without Contributory Pension Scheme number and after this period the pay of such employees should be claimed on assignment of Contributory Pension Scheme numbers only and the Drawing and Disbursing officers were requested to follow the above instructions scrupulously.
4. Now representation has been made in the reference fourth cited to issue detailed guidelines on the allotment of Contributory Pension Scheme and also not to impose any restrictions on the employees/teachers in drawing the salary from the next month as the responsibility of assigning Contributory Pension Scheme number vests with the Government only.
5. The above issue has been examined by Government in the light of the existing orders in force. Accordingly, Government issue the following guidelines for adherence:-
i. Employees recruited on or after 1.4.2003 should mandatorily be assigned the Contributory Pension Scheme Index Numbers.
ii. The Heads of offices/ Head of Departments /Drawing Officers shall be responsible for obtaining the Contributory Pension Scheme Index Numbers as in the case of GPF Numbers.
iii. An employee appointed on or after 1.4.2003 who have not so far enrolled in the Contributory Pension Scheme shall fill up the prescribed form for Contributory Pension Scheme and furnish the same to the Head of Offices/Head of Departments who in turn should forward the same to the Government Data Centre for assigning Contributory Pension Scheme Index Number.
iv. The Drawing Officers concerned should ensure that the new recruits have applied for the Contributory Pension Scheme Index Numbers.
v. The Government Data Centre on receipt of application forms from the concerned departments shall assign the Contributory Pension Scheme Index Numbers and the same should be intimated to the department concerned immediately and there should not be any delay on this part.
vi. No inconvenience should be caused to the employees / teachers in drawing their salary due to non-assignment of the Contributory Pension Scheme Number by the Government Data Centre.
vii. The period of non-acceptance of the pay bills of the employees/teachers for whom Contributory Pension Scheme Number have not been assigned shall be extended for a further period of 3 months i.e. upto August 2014.
All the Heads of Departments/Heads of Offices/ Drawing and Disbursing Officers are requested to follow the above guidelines scrupulously.
for PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT.