Remittance of NPS funds solely through electronic mode (NEFT/RTGS) from 01st April 2014
PENSION FUND REGULATORY AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
All Central Government Ministries & State Governments
Remittance of NPS funds solely through electronic mode (NEFT/RTGS)
from 01st April 2014
2. It has been observed that the following problems are presently being faced on account of remittance of NPS contribution funds through physical instruments:
a.) Higher percentage of rejection of contributions/ funds return
b.) Delays due to cheque clearing activity
c.) incidences of cheque rejection due to financial/ technical reasons.
3. All the aforementioned issues affect the timely investments of the subscribers thus adversely impacting their pension corpus accumulation. To obviate the aforesaid concerns, and in compliance of CVC instructions issued vide Office Order No. 20/4/04 File No. 98/ORD/1 dated 06-04-2004 PFRDA has decided to discontinue the remittance of NPS contribution funds through physical instruments and to accept remittance solely through electronic mode from 01' April 2014.
4. Accordingly from 01st Apirl 2014 onwords, all the nodal offices remitting NPS contributions have to mandatorily remit NPS Contributions throuth electronic mode i.e. NEFT/ RTGS only.
5. The overall procedure for remittance of funds to Axis Bank (Trustee Bank), matching & booking of Subscriber Contribution Files (SCFs) and the receipt of funds from it shall remain unchanged.
6. This circular may be sent to all the nodal offices under your jurisdiction for necessary action/ compliance.
7. The contact details of NPS Cell at Axis Bank as follow:
First Level of Contact Person:
1. Mr. Abhishek Gautam, Sr Manager, 022-24253678
2. Mr. Dakshesh Barbhaya,Sr Manager, 022-24253639
3. Mr. Yash Mayekar, Sr Manager, 022 24253628
Second Level of Contact Person:
1. Mr. Debraj Saha, Assistant Vice President, 011 43506532
2. Mr. Piyush K Sing, Deputy Vice President, 022 24253680
The Circular has also been placed on PFRDA website at http://www.pfrda.org.in