Recruitment of Stenographers Grade D' in CSSS through Stenographers Grade 'C' & D' Examination, 2012 conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) - nomination of qualified candidate
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan
Khan Market, New Delhi – 110 003
Date: 8th January, 2014
Subject: Recruitment of Stenographers Grade D' in CSSS through Stenographers Grade 'C' & D' Examination, 2012 conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) - nomination of qualified candidate - reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department's 0.Ms. of even number dated 08.05.2013, 18.07.2013 & 10,12.2013 on the subject noted above vide which the nominations of 398(365+24+09) candidates of Stenographer Grade 'D' of CSSS for the Select List Year-2012 were issued by this Department. The examination dossier of Shri Rohit Kumar, (Roll No. 3010503465, Rank No. 227, OBC, DoB-15.03-1993, Hindi) for appointment as Steno Grade 'FY in CSSS has also been received from SSC. Accordingly he has been nominated to Ministry of Power for appointment as Steno Grade 'D' of CSSS for SLY-2012.
2. Since the candidate has neither been medically examined nor has his character and antecedentsbeen verified, Ministry of Power is requested to complete the pre-appointment formalities before he is actually appointed as Steno Grade D' latest by 28th February, 2014.
3. In accordance with 'instructions for the candidates' relating to this Examination, qualified candidate isrequired to submit his original certificates for verification to the authority who will give him the Offer of Appointment. The appointing authority may, therefore, call for the original certificates and check the relevant particulars from him regarding date of birth, educational qualifications, claims for OBC/SC/ST/Exservicemen/PH and claim in respect of age relaxation. If any discrepancy is found in his case, the SSC may be informed accordingly and copy of the same may also be endorsed to this Department.
4. In pursuance of the instructions contained in pare 2.5 of the brochure regarding reservation in servicefor Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes circulated vide the Ministry of Home Affairs' 0.M,No,1/2/61-SCT (I) dated 27th April, 1962, the responsibility for verification of the claims of the SC/ST/OBC candidates is that of the appointing authority. The candidate may, accordingly, be offered appointment provisionally subject to his furnishing the prescribed caste certificate in the prescribed form within a reasonable time, which should be verified by the appointing authority.
5. In case he is already employed in the Government office, the Offer of Appointment may be sent tohim through his respective office. There is no need for the Cadre Unit to endorse copies of Offer of Appointment, verification of character and antecedents, etc. to this Department. However, as soon as a candidate is taken on the strength of the Ministries/Departments after completion of pre-appointment formalities, a copy of his Office Order indicating the date of his joining the duty may be intimated along with his roll number and rank number to this Department.
6. The Offer of Appointment should be sent only by Registered Post. If the postal authorities return theletter undelivered, the letter along with the envelope containing remarks by the postal authorities should be retained for record, In such case, a copy of the Offer of appointment should be sent to the permanent address of the candidate, if it is different from that of the initial mailing address. The dossiers of such candidates should be returned to the SSC only if the second letter is also returned undelivered under intimation to this Department.
7. At least five weeks time from the date of issue of the Offer of Appointment should be given to the candidates to reponds to the Offer of appointment. A registered reminder may be sent immediately after the expiry of the firse letter, his candidature may be cancelled. However, if the candidate further makes a request for extension of joining time and on consideration by the Cadre Unit, it is decided to grant him extension beyond 3 months, he/she may be asked to join within the stipulated time and he/she may also be informed that on joining the post his/her seniority would be determined as per provision made in DOPT&T O.M.NO.9/23/71-Estt.(D) dated 6.6.78 as amended vide O.M.No.35015/2/93-Estt(B) dated 9.8.1995.
8. The dossier of shri Rohit Kumar is forwarded herewith and this should be retained, on his appointment, in the Ministrry/Department/Office, as part of his Service Book. It may specially be noted that the dossier shall be deemed to be authentic only if the photograph of the candidate in the dossier is EMBOSSED with the special stamp of the SSC. Before taking any further action, it may please be ensured that the photograph of the candidate in the dossier is duly embossed and in case any discrepancy is noticed, the matter may be refferred to the SSC without any delay.
9. If the candidate fails to report for duty or there is on response or the Offer is declined, agter a registered reminder the offer of appointmet should formally be cancelled and the candidate be informed accordingly. The dossier of shri rohit kumar should be retruned thereafter to the regional office of staff selection commission directly under intimation to this department after placing a copy each of the offer of appointment, reminder thereof and the cancellation memo,in his dossier, the dossier should be retured under the signature of the officer to whom the same were sent in your office. He should also sign the list of dossier(s) which is returned with the letter.
10. shri Rohit Kumar, steno Grade D would be nominated for induction training in the ISTM shortly. The dates of the induction training programme would be intimated to MInistry of Power in due course. Ths cadre unit shall relieve shri rohit kumar, stenographer grade d for the induction training programme at the ISTM as an when he is nomated.
11. Ministry of power is requested to ensure that incase some staff has been outsourced for stenographic assistance by showing the said vacancy of Steno Grade D the same may be reduced proportinately keepin in view the nomiaion of shri Rohit kumar to the mainistry of power the financial adviser of ministry of power is also requested to ensure that outsourced stenographic assistance is proportiontely reduced as the nominated steno grade D join in the cadre unit.
Under Secretary to the Govt, of India
Telefax: 24623157Encl: ----- Dossier