Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
(Central Board of Excise & customs)
HUDCO Vishala, Bhikaji Cama Place
New Delhi, December 18. 2013
The Director General
Directorate General of Human Resource Development
Customs & Central Excise
409/8 Deep Shikha, Rajendra Place
New Delhi – 110 008.
Subject: Cadre Restructuring and re-organization of field formations under centrl board of excise & customs.
I am directed to convey the sanction of the competent authority for creation of 18067 Posts in various grades under the central Board of Excise & Customs, as per details in Annexure A to this letter with immediate effect. With the creation of these posts the total sanctioned staff strength of the central board of excise & customs will be increased from the existing 66808 to 84875.
2. The posts approved for creation include 2118 temporary Group A posts created in junior time scale for a period of five years from the date of this letter, to be regulated in the manner stipulated in para 4 hereunder.
3. The new vacancies arising due to additional regular posts approved for creation in the junior time scale as well chain vacancies in JTS arising due to promotions against additional posts created at higher levels will be filled up in accordance with the provisions of Indian revenue service (customs ¢ral Excise) Recruitment Rules, 2012 and the extant instructions of DOP&T.
4. The temporary vacancies arising due to creation of 2118 temporary posts in junior time scale will be operational for five years from the date of this letter and will be filled up only on promotion from the feeder grades specified in the relevant recruitment rules. The promotions against these vacancies shall not entail further promotion to any level beyond JTS.
5. All additional posts created in various other grades will also be filled up in accordance with the provisions of the relevant recruitment rules.
6. Pending notification of revised recruitment rules, wherever required, the newly created/re –designated posts will be filled up on the basis of the extant Guidelines for Recruitment Rules. Issued by the Department of Personnel & Training. Concurrence of Deptt. Of personnel & Training would be obtained for the relaxations, wherever required.
CBEC cadre restructure : Details of additional posts notified
The CBEC vide F.No.A.11019/08/2013-AD -IV dated 18.12.2013 has issued notification for approval of creation of total numbers 18067 posts.
As regards Group-A posts the break up is furnished below.
Para 3 of the notification provides that all regular posts will be filled up as per RRs(50% for direct, 50% for promotee).Para 4 of the notification provides that temporary posts will be filled up by promotion from feeder carders on the basis of prescribed ratio.The promotion against these temporary vacancies shall not entail further promotion to any level beyond JTS.(That means temporary promotees will have to be regularised against regular posts and thereafter will be entitled for further promotion). Pending notification of revised RRs, the newly created posts will be filled up on the basis of extant guidelines of RRs issued by DOPT.