Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi-110 002.
Date: 1st November, 2013
Subject: Recruitment of Stenographers Grade “D” in CSSS through Stenographers Grade “c”& “D” Examination, 2010 conducted by staff selection commission (SSC) – nomination of qualified candidate – reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.Ms. of even number dated 20-09-2011 and 07-10-2011 on the subject noted above vide which the nomination of 394(385+09) candidates of Stenographer Grade “D” of CSSS for the Select List year-2010 was issued by this Department The examination dossier in respect of 01 more candidate namely, Shri Rajveer Singh, (Roll No. 3005001440, Rank No. 668/STD, SC,DoB-12-11-1988, Hindi) for appointment as Steno Grade “D” in CSSS have been received from SSC. Accordingly he has been nominated to Planning Commission for appointment as Steno Grade “D” of CSSS for SLY-2010.
2. Since the candidate has neither been medically examined nor has his character and antecedents been verified, the Cadre Unit is requested to complete the pre-appointment formalities before he is actually appointed as Steno Grade “D” latest by 15th December, 2013.
3. In accordance with instructions for the candidates’ relating to this Examination, qualified candidates are required to submit their original certificates for verification to the authority who will give them the offer of Appointment. The appointing authority may, therefore, call for the original certificates and check the relevant particulars from them regarding date of birth, educational qualifications, claims for OBC/SC/ST/Ex- servicemen/PH and claim in respect of age relaxation. If any discrepancy is found in any particular case, the SSC may be informed accordingly and copy of the same may also be endorsed to this Department.
4. In pursuance of the instructions contained in Para 2.5 of the brochure regarding reservation in service for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes circulated vide the Ministry of Home Affairs O.M.No.1/2/61-SCT (I) dated 27th April, 1962, the responsibility for verification of the claims of the SC/ST/OBC candidates is that of the appointing authority. The candidate may, accordingly, be offered appointment provisionally subject to his furnishing the prescribed caste certificate in the prescribed form within a reasonable time, which should be verified by the appointing authority.
5. In cases where the candidates are already employed in the Government offices, the offer of Appointment may be sent to them through their respective offices. There is no need for the Cadre Units to endorse copies of Offer of Appointment, verification of Character and antecedents, etc. to this Department. However, as soon as a candidate is taken on the strength of the Ministries/Departments after completion of pre-appointment formalities, a copy of his/her Office Order indicating the date of his/her joining the duty may be intimated along with his/her roll number and rank number to this Department .
6. The Offer of appointment should be sent only by Registered Post. If the postal authorities return the letter undelivered, the letter along with the envelope containing remarks by the postal authorities should be retained for record. In such case, a copy of the Offer of appointment should be sent to the permanent address of the candidate, if it is different from that of the initial mailing address. The dossiers of such candidates should be returned to the SSC only if the second letter is also returned undelivered under intimation to this Department.
7. At least five weeks time from the date of Issue of the Offer of appointment should be given to the candidate to respond to the Offer of appointment. A registered reminder may be sent immediately after the expiry of five weeks time, if necessary. If the candidate does not join duty within 3 months from the date of the first letter, his candidature may be cancelled. However, if the candidate further makes a request for extension of joining time and on consideration by the Cadre Unit, it is decided to grant him/her extension beyond 3 months, he/she may be asked to join within the stipulated time and he/she may also be informed that on joining the post his/her seniority would be determined as per provision made in DOP&T O.M. No.9/23/71-Estt.(D) dated 6.6.78 as amended vide O.M.No.35015/2/93-Estt(B) dated 9.8.1995.
8. The dossier of shri Rajveer Singh if forwarded herewith and this should be retained, on his appointment, in the Ministry/Department/Office, as part of his Service Book. It may specially be noted that the dossier shall be deemed to be authentic only if the photograph of the candidate in the dossier in EMBOSSED with the special stamp of the SSC. Before taking any further action, it may please be ensured that the photograph of the candidate in the dossier is duly embossed and in case any discrepancy is noticed, the matter may be referred to the SSC without any delay.
9. If the candidate fails to report for duty or there is no response or the Offer is declined, after a registered reminder, the Offer of appointment should formally be cancelled and the candidate be informed accordingly. The dossiers of such candidates should be returned thereafter to the respective Regional Office of Staff Selection Commission directly under intimation to this Department after placing a copy each of the Offer of appointment, reminder thereof and the cancellation memo, in the respective dossier. The dossier(s) should be returned under the signature of the officer to whom the same were sent in your office. He/she should also sign the list of dossier(s) which is/are returned with the letter.
10. Shri Rajveer Singh, Steno Grade ‘D’ would be nominated for induction training in the ISTM shortly. The dates of the induction training programme would be intimated to Planning Commission in due course. The Cadre unit shall relieve Shri Rajveer Singh, Stenographer Grade ‘D’ for the induction training programme at the ISTM as and when he is nominated.
11. Planning Commission is requested to ensure that in case some staff has / have been outsourced for stenographic assistance be showing the said vacancy of Steno Grade ‘D’, the same may reduced proportionately keeping in view the nomination of Shri Rajveer Singh to the Planning Commission. The Financial Advisers of Planning Commission also requested to ensure that outsourced stenographic assistance is proportionately reduced as the nominated Steno Grade ‘D’ join in the Cadre Unit.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of Indi
The Under Secretary (Admn.) of Planning Commission with the request to endorse only the copy of the office Order for joining or cancellation of candidature taken on the strength of Ministry/Department.