Submission of From 10 by the spouse to the pension disbursing bank after the death of the pensioner-instructions regarding.
RBE No. 105/2013
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHARAT SARKAR0
MINISTRY OR RAILWAYS (RAIL MANTRALAYA)
(RAILWAY BOARD)No.R(E) III/2005/PN1/16
New Delhi, Dated: 09.10.2013.The GMs/FA &CAOs,
All India Railways/Production Units/RDSO.
(As per mailing list)
Subject: Submission of From 10 by the spouse to the pension disbursing bank after the death of the pensioner-instructions regarding.
A copy of Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare (DOP &PW)’s O.M.No.1/27/2011-P&PW(E) dated 20.09.2013 is enclosed for information and compliance. These instructions shall apply mutatis mutandis on the railways also. From 14 and Rule 81 (2) (A) (ii) of the CCS(Pension) Rules, 1972 referred to therein correspond to From 10 and Rule 100(2) (a) (ii) of the Railway Services (Pension) Rules, 1993 respectively.
2. Please acknowledge receipt.
Joint Director Finance (Estt.),
New Delhi, Dated : 09.10.2013.
for Financial Commissioner/Railways.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, P.G.& Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioner 'Welfare
3nd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Marker, New Delhi
Dated: 20th September, 2013
Sub: Submission of Form 14 by the spouse to the pension disbursing bank after the death of the pensioner – Instructions reg.
The Undersigned is directed to draw attention to the requirement of applying for family pension in From 14 as given in rule 81 (2) (A) (ii) of the CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972.
2. This Department has been receiving representations from various quarters to do away with the condition of applying for family pension in From 14 as it is causing inconvenience to widows. who find it difficult and embarrassing to present themselves before two Gazetted Officers/persons of repute for attestation of From 14.
3. Before commencement of family pension, personal identification details of the spouse such as specimen signature, personal mark of identification and left hand thumb impression. proof of age/date of birth of spouse and an undertaking from him/her for recovery of excess payment are to be obtained by the bank. Form 14 serves as a standard processing sheet, which defines and delineates the exact requirement of information to be given to the pension disbursing Bank. It was apprehended that in the absence of this standard., the widows may be asked to submit any relevant or irrelevant information by the bank. This could also lead to delay in commencement of the family pension.
4. The matter has been examined and it has been agreed that in case the pensioner and spouse are holding a joint account, the possibility of claim for family pension from someone else does not arise. Therefore, in such cases there is no requirement of From 14. The spouse may inform the Bank of death of the Pensioner and request the bank for commencement of family pension, through a simply letter. He/she may enclose a copy of death certificate of pensioner, PPO, proof of his/her own age/date of birth and an undertaking for recovery of excess payment. In other cases, i.e., where the pension is not being credited to the joint bank account of the pensioner and his/her spouse, From 14 will be continued to be obtained by the banks.However, the condition of attestation of form 14 has been done away with and witnessing by two persons has been considered as sufficient.
5. For all future cases, Head of Office will forward to the PAO, along with similar details for the pensioner, the specimen signature, personal mark of identification, left had thumb impression, the proof of age/date of birth and an undertaking from the spouse regarding recovery of excess payment. After the death of the pensioner, the spouse of the deceased pensioner will be required to provide only death certificate to the paying bank, who will identify the spouse based on the information given in the PPO and its own “Know your Customer”procedures. Where the pensioner and his/her spouse do not have a joint account, from 14 will be required as in Para 4 above.
6. This issues with the concurrence of Department of Expenditure, vide their ID No.601/E.V/2013, dated 13.09.2013.
Under secretary to the Government of India