Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Block-IV, 3rd Floor, Old JNU Campus,
Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-110067
Dated: 19 June,2012
1. Chief Secretaries to all State Government and UTs
2. Secretaries (All Ministries/Departments-Government of
3. Joint Secretary (D\dealing with UT) in Ministry of Home Affairs,
Subject: 7th Post Graduate Diploma Programme in Public Policy and
management during 2012-14 at the Management Development
The Department of personnel and Training is sponsoring a fifteen months’ post- Graduate Programme in Public policy and Management (PGP-PPM) at the Management Development Institute Gurgaon. So far five programmes have been completed and 6th Programme is currently in progress. The 7th Programme is scheduled to commence from 19 November, 2012.
2. This programme has been designed as a high quality programme with a set of core courses as well as a range of electives. It includes an international module of six weeks’ duration at a foreign university. The participants will undergo institutional training for one year at MDI in Gurgaon. The remaining period of three months will be at their work place and devoted to complete the dissertation.
3. This is a compulsory residential programme and MDI will provide suitable accommodation at their campus at the rate of Rs.10.000/- per month per participant. Only 35 Officers are proposed to be selected to participate in the 7th programme in order to ensure a high degree of excellence.
4. Please find enclosed herewith particulars of the programme along with terms and conditions for officers admitted to the programme. I would request you to kindly circulate the programme amongst your officers and encourage as many as possible to apply. The details of the programme are available on the website of the Ministry of personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (www.Persmin.nic.in) and on the website of MDI Gurgaon i.e.www.mdi.ac.in.
5. Course fee: The course fee will be paid as under:
i) The cost of the international component of the program will be met by
DOPT for all the participants (except for officers working on
deputation basis in PSU).
ii) the cost of the domestic component of the program – Rs.4.40 lakhs
(Rupees four lakhs and Forty thousand only) Per participant will be
met by the respective cadre controlling authority in the Government
of India (for example, DOPT for IAS officers, MHA for IPS officers
etc.). In case fo Central Secretariat Service (CSS) officers, the
domestic course fee will be met by the Ministry/Department where
the officer is working.
6. The sponsoring organizations, namely the organization where the officer is currently posted, will meet the cost of (a) pay and allowances during the training period (b) travel form place of posting to Gurgaon and back, (c) travel cost towards field visit of the participants for collection of data/information on their dissertation and visit to Gurgaon for presentation of the dissertation (d) a one time allowance of Rs.1500/- for stationery etc. and (e) cost of residential accommodation (@Rs 10,000/- per month per participant) to be provided by the MDI during the programme.
7. In case of officers working on deputation basis in a PSU, the entire cost (Domestic as well as international component) for the programme shall be borne by the concerned PSU in which the officer is working at the time of applying for the programme. In the event of his/her selection, the joining of such officer in the programme is strictly subject to the confirmation of the concerned PSU to bear the entire expenditure of the programme to the institute in respect of such officer.
8. Nomination of suitable officers, in the prescribed proforma, may please be sent to this Department through the appropriate cadre controlling authority so as to reach us on or before 30th August, 2012. Nominations received after this date will not be considered. The nominations would be scrutinized and officers fulfilling the conditions of eligibility will be called for an interview by MDI-G. The interview dates and time will be intimated to the officers by MDI-G. In order to save time, the officers are permitted to send an advance copy of their application directly to this office/MDI-G. The officers will also be called for interview based on their advance applications. However, final selection will be subject to receipt of his/her formal application, duly recommended by their cadre controlling authorities along with Vigilance Clearance: therefore, it is in the interest of the officers to get their applications routed through their Cadre Controlling Authority as early as possible.
8. A copy of the application may also be sent to prof Ashok Kapoor, Dean-EGP, Management Development Institute, M.G.Road, Sukhrli, Gurgaon-122001. Further details of this programme may be ascertained form school of public policy & Governance, Management Development Institute, Mehrauli-Gurgaon Road, Sukhrali, Gurgaon-122007 (Haryana) 01224-4560553 (from Delhi dialing code is : 95124) 0124-4560000 Ext.553, website: www.mdi.ac.in. this circular may also be downloaded forn the website of ministry of personnel, public Grievances and pensions (www.persmin.nic.in)
Joint secretary (Trg)