Ministry of Personnel, P.G and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Block-4, Old JNU Campus
Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-67
Subject: A Group Training Course in Comprehensive Urban Transportation
Planning and Project to be held from September 2012 to March,
2013 (Core Phase in
Japan From 17th October to 15th
The undersigned is directed to state that the Japan International
Cooperation Agency (JICA) the Technical Cooperation of the Government of
Japan has invited applications for the above programme to be held from
September 2012 to March 2013 out of which the Core Phase would be held in
2. The programme aims to formulate feasible plans to improve the systems/methods of urban transport planning against issues/problems currently tackling in their respective organizations.
3. The candidates should have university degree or equivalent, with more than three (3) years of professional experiences in urban transport planning and management in principle; be central/local government officials in a city with a population of 500,000 or more, responsible for the formulation/implementation of urban transport planning or urban transport facilities planning; be in principle forty (40) years of age; not be serving in the military; be proficient in written and spoken English; be in good health to undergo the above training.
4. In addition to the above, the following information in respect of the nominated officers may please be furnished while furnishing the nomination:
a) Whether attended any foreign training programme in the past?
If so, the duration/detail thereof;
b) Whether clear from vigilance angle?
d) Whether working in North East State/J&K;
e) A brief in 50-100 words justifying the nomination.
5. The course covers the cost of a round-trip air ticket between an international
Airport designated by JICA: travel insurance form the time of arrival in Japan to departure from Japan; allowances for (accommodation, living expenses, outfit and shipping); expenses for JICA study tours and free medical care for participants who may fall ill after reaching Japan (costs relating to Pre-existing illness, pregnancy, or dental treatment is not included).
6. It is requested that the nomination of the suitable candidates may please be forwarded to this Department in accordance with the eligibility criteria.
7. The nomination details should be submitted in the JICA’s prescribed proformas duly authenticated by the Department concerned.
8. The applications should reach this Department through the Administrative Ministry/State Government not later than 1st August, 2012. Nominations received after the prescribed date will not be considered. The details of the programme and the application form may be drawn from ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and pensions website (Persmin.nic.in), which is available in “what is new” under the Department of Personnel and Training.
Under Secretary to the Government of