Ministry of Personnel, P.G and Pensions
Department of personnel and Training
Block-4, Old JNU Campus
Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-67
Dated 27th April, 2012
Subject: The United nations/Italy Long-term fellowship Programme on Global
Navigation satellite Systems (GNSS) and Related Applications.
The undersigned is directed to state that United Nations Office for Outer space Affairs letter dated 12.3.2012 inviting nominations for the fellowship of Master in Navigation and Related Applications – Four 12 months fellowship tenable at politecnicl di Torion, Turin, Italy from September, 2012. This fellowship programme is being offered, through the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UN-OOSA), by politecnico di Torino (School of Information Technologies) and Instituto Superior Mario Boella (ISMB) with the collaboration of Instituto Elettrotechnico Nazionale Galileo Ferraris (IEN), Trrin, Ltaly, for candidates from developing countries and countries with economy transition.
2. The Master in Navigation and Related Applications (MNA) Programme starts in September 2012 and lasts for 12 months, including a period ranging from 3 to 4 months for hands-on pilot project (internship). The MNA Program study extensive background knowledge in navigation/localization systems as well as a detailed analysis on NAV/Com integration and environmental monitoring applications.
3. The candidates are required to have completed Master Degree or equivalent (5 years University Degree) in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Communication Engineering, Information Technology or related subject (Other degrees in different technological fields can be considered by the master Commission): be under the age of 40 years at the beginning of training course: be proficient in written and spoken English.
4. In addition to the above, the following information in respect of the nominated officers may please be furnished while furishing the nomination:
a) whether attended any foreign training programme in the Past? If so, the duration/detail thereof?
b) whether clear from vigilance angle?
d) whether working in North East state/J&K?
e) A brief in 50-100 words justifying the nomination.
5. The selected participants will each receive a grant from Politecnico di Torino of about EUR 6,000 for the duration of their fellowship study (12 months) to cover Housing, food, local transportation, etc. The offering institution will also cover tuition fee in full. International round trip air travel between the participant’s international airport of departure and
Turin, ltaly will be provided by the UN-OOSA.
6. It is requested that the nomination of the suitable candidates may please be forwarded in the prescribed application form (Triplicate) to this Department in accordance with the eligibility criteria.
7. The application should reach this Department through the administrative Ministry not later than 8th May, 2012. Nominations received after the prescribed date will not be considered. The details of the programme and the application form may be drawn from Ministry of Personnel, public Grievances and Pensions Website (persmin.nic.in ), Which is available in “What is New” under the Department of Personnel and Training.
Under Secretary to the Government of
More Details: http://www.persmin.nic.in/DOPT_WhatIsNew.asp